They're accessible through the following link, whether or not you have an account.
M & Clos engagement dinner album
Of course, the album does not contain all the photos taken, just a smattering of them. :D
In many ways, the dinner was a mini-reunion on two counts.
Clos was reunited with old work friends.
And old high school classmates got to see each other after many many years.
A month ago I was reunited with my long lost high school friend. After 9 years it's been easy to fall back into an easy friendship with him. Mari heard me on the phone with him and was surprised with how comfortable we sound with one another. Truthfully, in the two times we hung out prior to this dinner, we revealed a lot of personal information. It's a very easy thing to do with him. I know a little too much, I think, but I keep getting reminded that I worked in gay porn so all of this shouldn't be a big deal.
I was very happy that Jose and his wife were able to make it to the dinner. I was a little concerned because he kept asking if Drew would be there, so I thought his attendance might be tied with Drew's; luckily it wasn't. The last time I saw Jose was at his wedding. M had gone to visit them after their first daughter was born in 2003, but neither of them remember that (geez people, what's up with the memory loss?). Either way, it had been a long time for all of us. Jose and I have kept in touch via the occasional e-mail and his wife has a blog, so I get to see photos of his beautiful girls and stay up to date on the goings-on. :)
I didn't get to talk to Jose very much because I ended up at the opposite end of the table. There were 13 of us, down from the original list of 25 guests. Those of us at the dinner were pretty much equally divided between M & Clos. As Uni put it, I bridged the gap between the two sides since I knew everyone there.
I hope everyone had a good time. I always stress more than I probably should. Thankfully the two cherry limeades (yes, an alcohol drink), beer float, and three shots of Patron helped ease my stress. (N would've been proud.)
All in all, it was a good night with good drinks, good food and good people. As Uni also said, it was a night I needed. :D
Of course, the night wasn't about me, but still.... ;)
1 comment:
I appreciated the invite, enjoyed the occasion and the mini-reunion. So much gets in the way of just basic friendship, it was good to get together. The patron shots rocked too :)
Post a Comment