Saturday, May 16, 2009

Such a Pretty Fat

Just finished reading "Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big or Why Pie is Not the Answer" by Jen Lancaster. Since I have so much time on my hands right now, I finished reading it in one day. It also took me one day to read the last book, well, 6 or 7 hours straight (it was the middle of the night).

I absolutely LOVED this book. I could not stop laughing. It's her third memoir and the footnotes had me cracking up so much. I was thrust into so many laughing fits, many of which I thought I was going to die from asphyxiation.

She's witty, bitchy and mean, but totally REAL.

Truthfully, I saw a lot of myself in her, though, I'm not a narcissist, but I am quite snobby and increasingly judmental and find so many people out there in the world just plain stupid. The less I have to interact with others (of course this does not include friends and loved ones), the better.

(Which is why it kills me that AMC Norwalk does not have a ticket kiosk and if even if I order and pay for my tickets online, I still have to speak to someone to get my tickets. Thus, The Grove is the PERFECT theatre - ticket and concessions kiosks, limiting actual interaction with people....awwww...)

In other news, my sleep cycle continues to be completely topsy-turvy. I can correct it for a day or two to venture out into the "living" world to meet friends for lunch or what-not, including a few hours of much needed and desired sex ;), but then it goes right back to hell. I even stayed up all afternoon and night the day before Mother's Day and all day Mother's Day and still could not go to sleep at a "normal" time. Oh well...

I've missed a few birthdays, even though I actually had the birthday cards and everything. Sorry. I just haven't been keeping up to date on my planner. I just now looked at it and updated it with books I'd read, movies I'd seen, lunches and trysts, etc, etc, etc.

(Man, just can't stop putting it out there that I had sex, huh? Wonder how long this next dryspell will be. Gotta enjoy it while I can....oops, that's right, it's over. The count has begun.)

Pretty lame, but I watched Stephen King's "The Stand" on tv a few nights ago, and WTF. The ending totally sucks. I don't get it. Very anti-climactic. I remember watching it when it played in 1994, but didn't remember it being so lame and stupid. I still don't understand why Nick (Rob Lowe) and Larry (I dunno, some dude) had to die, but Stu (Gary Sinise) got to live. Don't get me wrong, I like Gary Sinise, but why did the other two have to die. Yes, I cried when Nick and Larry died. Again, just found it to be so anti-climactic.

Oh man, I also finally watched "August Rush" - I had it on my DVR for months. It was so sweet and touching. I'm sorry, but I don't like when Robin Williams is mean. I need him to be fun and loving, not mean to kids. The trailer totally fooled me when it came to his character; didn't think he was going to be the way he was. Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys Meyers would totally have gorgeous babies together. I know she's married and has a kid and he's got a substance problem, but they should totally procreate, at least one kid. I mean, look at them. I'd fall in love with him after only one night too, and man, don't I wish a guy would spend over 10 years still completely in love with me and pinning for me....swoon. Yes, I cried at the end too. And I keep replaying the end over and over and just cry and cry.

In more mundane news, I organized and updated my DVD inventory. I'm missing some DVDs, but I think my sister has them. I have to get Mari to finally give me back the DVDs, CDs and books of mine she's had in her possession before she even moved to Palmdale. (that's a friggin' long time!) And I should probably move my DVDs into my room so my brother does not have direct access to them as I found the Jerry Maguire DVD in the Eastern Promises case and the Jerry Maguire case and Easter Promises DVD are nowhere to be found and he claims not to be at fault, even though the Eastern Promises case with Jerry Maguire DVD came out of his room. How would he like it if his Rudy DVD happened to mysteriously disappear? (He loves that movie...and Tommy Boy.) Hm, maybe they should both disappear.

Well, that's enough for now. I'll try not to bore you with my next blog post.

No comments: