Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

M has been here since last week and I've been helping her plan a baby shower (yes, another one!) for her fiance's brother's wife, or soon-to-be sister-in-law. We've been running around trying to get everything together. Surprisingly everything has come together quite nicely considering the short amount of time we've had to plan everything. This one is smaller and non-traditional, as opposed to the baby showers I have planned for relatives. Since it is a smaller shower, we've been able to get some really cute stuff, so hopefully her sis-in-law likes it.

Today I found out my cousin, the mama to my Goddaughter, is pregnant. I was on the phone with my Godmother and she was prodding me with questions to determine whether or not I knew. It's been about a month since I've spoken to my cousin, so no, I didn't know. She didn't want to be accused of having a big mouth, so she put my niece on the phone, but she didn't tell me. Celest told me about the soccer team she's now a part of. So my Godmother put my Goddaughter on the phone and I could hear her prodding her to tell me and Hazel did in fact tell me. When my Godmother was prodding me, I figured that's what it was. I knew they had been trying to get pregnant and a few months ago they had a false alarm. Of course, I'm not supposed to know, so I can't say anything. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my mouth shut when she does tell me and not let on that I already knew.

M and I have also talked a little about her wedding. I finally gave her the wedding planner and bridal magazines I'd bought her. She looked through it a bit, but since most of her time has been spent working on the baby shower she hasn't been able to do what she wanted for her wedding; like going to look at wedding gowns.

Ooh, I just checked the Young Variety website and they updated the board members and biographies. I'm official. :D We have some cool events coming up so I'll be sending out e-mails to all my friends. One of our main objectives is to expand our membership beyond the entertainment industry.

OK, I'm sleepy now so I'm going to head off to bed. There are a few things I want to write about, so I'll post tomorrow.

No comments: