I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I started feeling bad right after my birthday outing in Pasadena Labor Day weekend and it progressively got worse with the height of it last week.
It was mostly just a cough. No fever, even though I was sweating more than usual. My skin would be cold, but I'd be sweating like it was 115 degrees out. It was gross man. Aside from the cough (and incessant sweating), I was mostly sluggish. Walking the 2 blocks to the bus wore me out. And the stairs here in the office, oh man....not only did it take everything out of me, I'd go into a coughing fit for like 20 minutes.
I was taking everything you could imagine and that's saying a lot considering I'm a "let it run its course and suffer through it" kind of girl. Between Walgreens and the Albertsons pharmacy, I was buying pharmaceuticals every day. Some things helped, some temporarily, others I was just taking just to take them.
This past weekend, I detox at home; trying to get everything out of my body that I had put in during the past week, hoping that maybe then, some of the medicine would start working again. And I slept and tried to get as much rest as I could.
Unfortunately, it also meant that I missed my niece's baby shower and I didn't see any of the three new releases. :(
I took one extra day at home on Monday. One last day to recover. I even gave my body a little talk. Told it enough was enough. I had too much going on to let it keep me down this long. It didn't really work, but at least I felt much better Tuesday morning than I did Monday morning. And even though I was still grossing out my coworkers with my incessant mucus hacking, at least I didn't let it keep me down.
Nights this past week have been horrible with all the coughing, but each day I've awoken better than the day before. Today, my voice sounds worse than I feel and I'm not sweating as much as I was. Most importantly, I got up the stairs without the coughing fit and I'm not as tired. There is still a lot of crap in my throat, but it's easier to get out now. (eww! GROSS!!!)
I'd say I'm at 85% now. Can't wait til I'm back to 100% - there are lots of things I want to do. Too many movies to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment