Sunday, October 10, 2010

Terribly annoying

We have very little in common. We have different outlooks on life. I'm a heck of a lot more generous than she is. Yet, week after week, I go to the movies with her. Yes, she's the one with the car, but I'm the one with the free movie pass. Do you know how much it costs to go to the movies nowadays, especially if it's a 3D movie? A lot!

My cousin, his girlfriend and I went to the movies a few weeks ago. We saw Resident Evil 3D at one of our theatres so I was able to use my free pass, but then they wanted to see Pirahna 3D and we didn't have it anymore so we had to go to the Regal theatre and it was $46 for our tickets. FORTY SIX DOLLARS!! And that didn't include concessions.

So imagine how much she's saved on movies since I've gotten my free pass. On average there's 2 new releases a week, occasionally 3 or more, and she's gotten to see them all for free.

I don't ask for anything in exchange. I'm just happy to go to the movies since I don't like going by myself.

But I'm more than irritated at how demanding she's getting. No concern for my schedule. It's when she wants to go and the order she wants. She complains about everything and is so friggin' cheap. Arg!!

And yet week after week, there I go. Why o why?

Who else am I supposed to go with?

No comments: