I've spent the last fifteen or so years looking for a long lost friend from high school. She's never been out of my thoughts for long; her birthday is still in my planner and every couple of years, I've gone into active search mode. I've gone through the phone book and called everyone with her name in the area. I've called everyone with his name in the phonebook. In 2010, in one of my last searches, I thought I had found him on classmates.com. I messaged him and hoped it was him. Two years later, I received a message back from him.
He messaged me on classmates on the 8th and on the 9th, I received an e-mail notification on my e-mail address that I had a message. The notification had gone into my spam box and I wasn't even going to open it, just delete it. I thought, "who's going to message me on classmates?" Most likely someone I didn't know or even care to reconnect with. Let's face it, most people I'm already in touch with on Facebook if they don't have my personal e-mail address. I'm even surprised I still have classmates. I finally deleted my MySpace profile the other week.
I don't know what it was, but something told me I might as well check to see who messaged me.
Thank goodness I did.
In my message to him, I had given him one of my personal e-mail addresses, along with my cell. He wasn't sure if my information was current, so he messaged me with his personal e-mail address. I immediately wrote back and used it to look him up on fb and there he was, and there she was.
Finally.
I finally found her.
I immediately requested them on fb and then messaged her on there and then I waited.
She messaged me back a few days ago with her cell phone number and on Friday, we finally spoke.
She sounded exactly the same.
We were on the phone until 4am; seven hours. I don't think either of us wanted to hang up.
It was great to talk to her. We talked about everything. We had 15 years of catching up, but it was like no time had passed between us. She was she and I was me. We were both so open and frank, not keeping anything to ourselves.
Even after all these years, I still feel a strong connection with her. Even if she couldn't remember my last name. ;)
I can't wait to see her!
No comments:
Post a Comment