In two weeks I will be on my third day with him. We will be in NC for our first visit together as a couple. I cannot wait! I am so excited!
I know the hardest part will be leaving him. I know I won't want to let him go. :(
He sent me the most beautiful e-mail on my birthday, professing his love and desires for our future. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world.
I am anxious for our life together to begin. We don't have a timeline, yet, though. We're still waiting because we don't know where he's going to relocate for work yet. Each day without him gets harder and harder. He wants me to remain engaged in my life here, but to me it's a world I am no longer a part of; a life no longer mine. Very little has meaning to me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not turning my back on my friends...but work and even my activities are just a drag now. More than half the time I sit there wondering what I am even doing there. I've cut back quite a bit on my activities, taking my name off events and working only those I had already started.
I have to admit, though, while it was nice not to be engaged in my activities for two months (no e-mails, no dealing with stupidity), I almost dropped the ball big time and effed up a big event that would have disappointed kids more than myself. Thankfully, some friends helped me and saved my ass big time. So now I'm just trying to tie up the last few things and not take on anything else.
I have never been this happy and I can't wait for our adventure to begin. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment