I read through the list and thought, "Hm, I really am white."
Taken from:
Stuff White People Like
- #119 Sea Salt
- #118 Ugly Sweater Parties - I don't have sweaters like these, but I sure think Ugly Sweater Parties are fun. :)
- #117 Political Prisoners
- #116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore
- #115 Promising to Learn a New Language - yes!
- #114 America
- #113 Halloween - not as much as when I was a kid, but I do enjoy it because of my nieces
- #112 Hummus - I'm not going to say if it's offered to me; and we once made hummus from scratch for a college project.
- #111 Pea Coats - YES!!
- #110 Frisbee Sports - not so much :(
- #109 The Onion
- #108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music - yes
- #107 Self Aware Hip Hop References - yes
- #106 Facebook - DEFINITELY
- #105 Unpaid Internships
- #104 Girls with Bangs - my hair doesn't cooperate with bangs, but I sure do think they're cute
- #103 Sweaters - only in the winter
- #102 Children’s Games as Adults - yes
- #101 Being Offended - uh-huh!
- #100 Bumper Stickers - though I don't actually put them on car (since I don't have one), but I do like buying them
- #99 Grammar - I'm always correcting people (even if I might be wrong)
- #98 The Ivy League
- #97 Scarves - nope
- #96 New Balance Shoes - yup, I remember when I bought my first pair; they look great with my jeans
- #95 Rugby
- #94 Free Healthcare
- #93 Music Piracy - I was totally into Napster when it came out. Strictly iTunes now. OK, I downloaded a bunch of songs via Limewire last year, but I've stopped and deleted and the program.
- #92 Book Deals - yes
- #91 San Francisco - it's growing on me with each visit, but I don't love it
- #90 Dinner Parties - yes, I wish I could host them or friends would do more of them
- #89 St. Patrick’s Day - I was more into it back in the day.
- #88 Having Gay Friends - I love my gay friends! and the gay boys seem to love me (wish the straight boys would love me)
- #87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
- #86 Shorts - when I was younger
- #85 The Wire - the guy is HOT! but I don't really watch it
- #84 T-Shirts -yup, i'm a t-shirt & jeans girl
- #83 Bad Memories of High School - I have a TON
- #82 Hating Corporations - I do hate Walmart
- #81 Graduate School - not for me
- #80 The Idea of Soccer - we're a soccer family, but I'm not really into any sports
- #79 Modern Furniture
- #78 Multilingual Children
- #77 Musical Comedy - yes!
- #76 Bottles of Water - I'm a water snob. There IS a difference. I haven't moved onto metal water bottles yet, though.
- #75 Threatening to Move to Canada - I wouldn't say Canada, exactly
- #74 Oscar Parties - duh! what's my field?
- #73 Gentrification
- #72 Study Abroad - I always wanted to, but never got around to it.
- #71 Being the only white person around - I'm the only "minority" amongst white people
- #70 Difficult Breakups
- #69 Mos Def - yes!
- #68 Michel Gondry - loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind; thought The Science of Sleep was a little strange, but I love Gael Garcia Bernal; wanted to see Be Kind Rewind
- #67 Standing Still at Concerts - yeah, I'm good just sitting there listening to the music
- #66 Divorce
- #65 Co-Ed Sports - not into sports myself
- #64 Recycling - you should see my office
- #63 Expensive Sandwiches - like i cook
- #62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People
- #61 Bicycles - never learned to ride one; traumatized as a child :(
- #60 Toyota Prius
- #59 Natural Medicine - I read the description and agree with the argument
- #58 Japan
- #57 Juno - LOVED IT!
- #56 Lawyers - my sister's a lawyer & I grew up watching LA Law
- #55 Apologies - yup
- #54 Kitchen Gadgets - can't cook, but I love buying stuff for the kitchen
- #53 Dogs - yup, I'm a dog person
- #52 Sarah Silverman - ok, no.
- #51 Living by the Water
- #50 Irony - who doesn't enjoy irony
- #49 Vintage
- #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops - I'm sure if I could afford to shop there regularly, I would
- #47 Arts Degrees - where did I go to school and what was my major
- #46 The Sunday New York Times
- #45 Asian Fusion Food - yum!
- #44 Public Radio
- #43 Plays - I would like to see more plays
- #42 Sushi - I'm new to sushi, but man, do i love it
- #41 Indie Music
- #40 Apple Products - oh hell yes!
- #39 Netflix - yes!
- #38 Arrested Development
- #37 Renovations
- #36 Breakfast Places - love breakfast
- #35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report - I don't watch them regularly, but when I do, hi-la-ri-ous!
- #34 Architecture
- #33 Marijuana - nope
- #32 Vegan/Vegetarianism - oh hell no
- #31 Snowboarding - not for me
- #30 Wrigley Field
- #29 80s Night - YES!
- #28 Not having a TV - oh hell no
- #27 Marathons - as in tv/movie marathons, then yes. running? hell no
- #26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!) - never been
- #25 David Sedaris
- #24 Wine - nope, give me hard liquor
- #23 Microbreweries
- #22 Having Two Last Names
- #21 Writers Workshops - I've always wanted to do one
- #20 Being an expert on YOUR culture
- #19 Traveling - yes
- #18 Awareness
- #17 Hating their Parents - oh yeah, i definitely went through that phase
- #16 Gifted Children - I was gifted
- #15 Yoga - i've thought about it
- #14 Having Black Friends - I have Black friends, very good friends
- #13 Tea - mmm, vanilla chai
- #12 Non-Profit Organizations
- #11 Asian Girls - lost me here
- #10 Wes Anderson Movies - I've never seen any of his movies :(
- #9 Making you feel bad about not going outside - not really
- #8 Barack Obama
- #7 Diversity
- #6 Organic Food - nah
- #5 Farmer’s Markets - i love farmer's markets scenes in movies, but never really been to one
- #4 Assists - yes
- #3 Film Festivals - yes
- #2 Religions their parents don’t belong to - I don't believe in religion. I believe in spirituality and a higher being(s)
- #1 Coffee - Don't like coffee, but I love Starbuck's and Coffee Bean!
No comments:
Post a Comment