My schedule has been topsy-turvy for the past couple of weeks, so I was up all night last night because that's normal for me right now.
I went to bed around 5am, and after playing on my cell phone for a while, I still was not sleepy. When I was blogging early this morning, I noticed I didn't read any books in April, even though I was almost positive the last book I'd read had spilled over into April. Then again, that could have been February to March.
As this thought loomed in my brain, I turned over and saw a book lying next to me that I had intended to start reading a few days ago, ok, a few weeks ago. It was around 6am when I picked it up and I finished reading it at 12:50pm. I thought I'd eventually get sleepy and doze off, but no, I kept reading and reading until I finished the book.
As I read the first few chapters, there was this nagging feeling; a slight twinge of deja-vu. And it kept bugging me through the entire book. It's still bugging me. There was something very familiar with the opening chapters, not only that I've read them before, but that I knew very well; had seen those scenes being played out, maybe in a movie...I don't know.
I've racked my brain trying to think of what it is.
- Did I already read the book? No, I just bought it a few weeks ago and with a title like Seeing Me Naked, I would have remembered that, especially since it was just published in 2008. Surely I could not forget reading a book so quickly.
- Was it a movie or something? Again, the book was published in 2008, so it's doubtful it was already made into a movie, even a made-for-tv movie.
Regardless, I enjoyed the book. And no, get your minds out of the gutter. I know what you're thinking...the book's title is Seeing Me Naked so it must be about sex. Well, it's not. It's about letting your true self be seen, letting your guard down and being open and honest.
Oh, yeah, it was written by Liza Palmer.
No comments:
Post a Comment