Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Uni took yesterday off and we decided to hit Century City for a double feature of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - a double dose of deliciously hot men; any girls dream. ;)

Since it was Cinco de Mayo, I thought it appropriate for us to have lunch at Pink Taco. I'd been there once before, but this was Uni's first time. They had $6 margaritas ALL DAY and other beer specials for Cinco de Mayo. As it was still early in the day and we were going to be there all day watching two movies, we indulged in the margarita special. =)


First Round of the Cazadores Margaritas


Uni taking video of me taking a picture of her taking a video of me. (LOL)


Fried ice cream for dessert and my third margarita. Yes, you read correctly, my THIRD! (I'm emotionally unstable right now, or so they say, so I can have 3 margaritas in the middle of the day on a Tuesday, OK?!?!)


The food was great, the service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and took great care of us. The managers even came by our table and checked in and chatted with us. One of them even comped Uni's 2nd margarita and my 3rd. That's all we had - Uni had 2 and I had 3. Our waiter tried to get me to a 4th, but I don't even know how I got to the 3rd, by the 2nd I was getting loopy.

We finally stumbled ;p over to the other side of the mall and got our tickets for the Wolverine. I got a large Coke to offset the effects of the margaritas, but it wasn't working. As we sat and watched the onscreen advertising, I was getting sleepy. So was Uni. Thankfully, once Hugh Jackman appeared onscreen, I was wide awake. :D

I really enjoyed the movie. I know it received a lot of bad reviews and some of my friends didn't like it, but both Uni and I did. From the other three X-Men movies, I knew certain events were going to take place or not, but that's OK. I'm excited that Fox announced plans to do another spin-off with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds is also very yummy. Oh, and I love me some Agent Zero...mmmm. Wolverine was not lacking in the eye candy, making it a perfect pick for a chick flick double feature. I suppose I should throw in Taylor Kitsch for Anners, or as he will forever be known to her Tim Riggins. He was OK too. ;p

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past was playing in the screen next door and we successfully crossed over without tickets, but as we sat there watching trailers, I couldn't do it. When I went out to get concessions, I ran downstairs and bought two tickets. The ticket taker was perplexed when I handed her two tickets, but it was just me, so I explained that we'd been upstairs at another movie and decided to stay for Ghosts. I know, I'm a dork.

Matthew McConaughey was in true form, although, looking a little ragged. I tried to rationalize that they did that on purpose for his character, but really, he needs to stay away from all the sun exposure. I had fun watching the movie. Not completely sure it wasn't due in part to the three margaritas I'd had earlier; I might still have been under their effects, but still...it's McConaughey, how can you go wrong? "alright, alright" hee hee hee

I've never been a real big fan of Jennifer Garner, but she was OK. I personally think she's a little manly. Uni agrees. If you ever watch Catch and Release, you'll see what I mean, especially at the end.

After the movies, we intended on getting some coffee at Starbuck's, but ended up going to Pampas Grill in Culver City and having even more yummy food as we talked and talked. Then we walked down to Famima and I got my first bottle of Sake. It's sitting in the fridge right now. I haven't opened it yet. Maybe tomorrow, or Thursday.

All in all, it was a great day spent out of the house. And even though my sleep schedule the last couple of days have been somewhat normal, as you can tell by the post time of this blog and the last one, my pattern goes off-kilter very easily.

No comments: