Friday, May 29, 2009

Thinking

(Please note this post was written on May 21, 2009.)

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, maybe too much. Looking at my life and my next step. I received wonderful news last Monday.

I am a new board member for Young Variety. Woo-hoo!!! :D
(Note: The website hasn't been updated yet.)

This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time now and have worked hard to get. I attended all the Young Variety events I could last year, which was just about all of them.

I'm very excited! :)

As I've been reading, I've also thought about my writing and wanting to get back to it. As a kid I dreamed of becoming a writer, but as an adult I've never felt my writing was good enough. In high school I read the required "classics" reading, plus my sister had her own list of my required reading. Now as an adult, I mostly read chick-lit. Reading the classics, I think I could never write like that. Reading chick-lit, I think that's so easy I could definitely write like that, but I don't so then I scold myself for not being able to.

I stopped writing my stories when my career took off years ago. Work took too much of my time. I was pooped. When I left the first time and started this blog, it was supposed to get me back into writing, and while I've kept it up for the last four years, the writing is different. I've heard of blogs that were published into books, but mine is just not like that.

I'd begun my most ambition story years ago, even had an outline for it. I knew exactly what was going to happen and how. I got stuck actually writing it, though. :( I just couldn't put pen to paper and write out all the details.

Before I can move forward with my writing, it only makes sense that I finish working on my past stories. Just clear my head for new stories to emerge.


No comments: