Friday, June 26, 2009

My brother is a cheating scumbag

Two weeks ago I came home to find my brother had some chick in his room that was not his girlfriend and no, they weren't "just talking." I knew someone other than my brother was in the house because the doggy gate was drawn to keep the dogs in the kitchen, except that he also locked them out in the yard. He came out of his room when he heard me open the front door and nonchalantly went into the bathroom, then locked himself in his room for another hour.

In that time, I had let the dogs back in and released the doggy gate so they had free reign of the house. I sat at the kitchen table working on the computer after my conference call. My seat at the kitchen table is at the end of the hallway and gives me a perfect view of all our doors and the front door. He came out of his room, went into the bathroom again and drew the doggy gate out again. By this time, I had also gone into the living room to check the mail, and had thus seen the purse on the couch and it did not belong to his girlfriend.

He goes back to his room and stands in the doorway. My brother is six feet tall and broad. This chick was short and petite and he was trying block her from my view. Puh-lease. They slowly and quietly walked into the living room, turning on the television to cover any noise. And then quietly tried to open the door so she could leave. Really? Did he really think I was that stupid?

Earlier I had felt inclined to pound on his door and scream, "Get that tramp out of this house!" But I relented. However, at this point, with him taking me for an idiot and trying to sneak her out of the house, I could no longer hold my tongue. Remember, from my seat at the kitchen table, I have a perfect view of the door. So I finally yell out, "Why are you trying to sneak her out?"

I believe he called me an asshole and said I am his sister and therefore should be on his side, once the slut was gone. (Why do I call her a slut when she could just be an innocent victim in all of this? Well, if you saw his room, you'd clearly see that he has a girlfriend and that she spends a lot of time here. Directly in front of his bed there is a collage frame with pictures of him and the girlfriend, their names, anniversary date and the words "I Love You." Plus of course a ton of chick-lit books, unless he's going to claim those are his.) I told him it didn't matter I was his sister, I was also a female and what he was doing was wrong. He has sisters and a mother. What if some guy treated his sisters or mother like that? He should think about that. I told him not to think I would keep this secret.

And secret I did not. No, I didn't tell his girlfriend, though I should have. I did tell my sister and mother. I'm pretty sure mom wussed out and didn't say a thing to him. Two days later he left to spend the weekend in Santa Barbara with his girlfriend and her family because she was graduating from UCSB. He played the role of dutiful boyfriend for a week, then brought her back to this house and later to Father's Day dinner with our family and an Angels v Dodgers game after spending the afternoon at our uncle's house.

I should also note that the following day, as I walked into mom's room to watch tv, I tripped over some shoes lined up in front of mom's bed. Unless my mom started wearing boots way too small for her, yes, you guessed it, he put his girlfriend's shoes in mom's room. I was tempted to throw them at him. Mom later put them back in his room when I pointed them out to her.

This past Monday, when she was back in Santa Barbara, my sister came down hard on my brother. Called him trash. Said how disappointed she was in him. That it didn't help being raised by three women and having his father in this house. Told him to ask mom how she felt being cheated on (my dad was a cheater) and if it doesn't hurt her to see him doing the same thing. She told him he wasn't a man. He was pathetic.

Two days later, when just he and I were in the house, we went at it about it. He didn't hear anything my sister told him. He told me to stay out of his life, just like I want everyone to stay out of my life. That's the thing though, I don't bring my life into this house. And again, brought up the fact that I'm his sister. Don't remind me. It amazes me that he sees nothing wrong with what he's doing. That he's not only disrespectful to her, to this house, to his sisters and his mother. I warned him that I would not keep his secret.

I warned him.

I came home tonight after a wonderful day out to find that my brother was not at work like he usually is on Friday nights. To find that the doggy gate was drawn and my pups were in the kitchen. Today though, my brother did not bother to come out of his room upon hearing me in the house. Oh no, he was almost defiant in that respect. I withdrew the doggy gate and let the pups have free reign of the house. At first I couldn't tell if he was in his room with someone or not. He had his stereo playing to cover anything. Soon though, I heard a female voice and I knew it wasn't his girlfriend.

He finally came out of his room and to the bathroom. This time defiant in his walk, daring me to say something. The dogs started barking at his door. They know a slut when they smell one. As they had roamed through the house when I freed them of the kitchen, they would stop at his closed door and bark. He went back into his room and locked the door. Then came out a few minutes later and drew the doggy gate. Back to his room and escorted her out. I withdrew the doggy gate before she was even gone, that curly-haired slut. I checked mom's room, no shoes lined up there.

I warned him.

And we all know the bitch that I am.

I text my sister first, saying her brother was trying to prove he could do whatever he wanted in this house.

And then I text his girlfriend. I asked if they had broken up and if not, that they should.

We'll see what happens. One thing's for sure. Mom is going to get an earful from me and she better do something.

Another thing...I'm no longer the middle child. I'm the youngest again. I don't have a brother.

1 comment:

Unilove said...

Man complain of women with 'baggage.' Yet, they keep creating them. Worse, then, they want to marry a woman without baggage! Men deserve all they get!