Saturday, July 4, 2009

Again with my writing

(Post begun on June 17, 2009.)

I have been thinking about my writing a lot lately. And so many are encouraging me to do it.

I hate to admit it, but I'm scared. I have very little confidence that my writing is even the slightest bit "good." I generally do not believe anyone that compliments me on it. Rarely am I happy with something I write, so the thought of even attempting to write a novel is terrifying.

Besides worrying that my writing just isn't good enough and the fact that I have no frikin' idea what to do in order to get it published, I just don't know what to write about. Mari told me to write about my life, my experiences.

A few issues with that:
1. My life isn't all that exciting. And I haven't done anything so spectacular to warrant writing my autobiography.

2. What exactly about my life would I even write about if I did decide to pursue this venture? I keep thinking about Jen Lancaster and her four autobiographies. They are not your typical autobiographies in , but since they're true to her life, that's what she calls them. Each one of her books has a theme. Like "Such a Pretty Fat" was her attempt to lose weight and everything she went through in a specific time period, while bringing in little anecdotes from her past. I think it's pretty clear I'm not going to write about that. So what would I write about. My work? My sex life, or lack thereof? My crazy ass family?

=====================

I've been looking for my old writings and I can't friggin' find them. I've looked everywhere. Not sure where all my notebooks could be. Must find them. Want to make sure I get them all typed up and stored on my portable drive.

Yay! I was digging through some boxes and found most of my stories, most importantly, the original written copy of a two-parter that was only half-written in Word, so now I can finish it. Unfortunately, one story I can't find anywhere and I'm not sure if I can rewrite it from memory. I remember the the major plot points, but not how I flushed them out. I'm really going to have to find that one. I MUST FIND IT!

And now, to finish typing up the other story. I can already tell I was rewriting as I typed.

No comments: