Monday, February 1, 2010

Despite everything

Despite the disappointment, I remain a hopeless romantic. As Valentine’s Day approaches I remain slightly hopeful that this year will be different; this year he will declare himself and a fabulously romantic day will follow.

I know, I know…I have a highly romanticized view of Valentine’s Day.

I fantasize about grand romantic gestures; declarations of all-consuming love; being swept up into his arms and kissed like never before.

Yes, this is the Valentine’s Day I’m still waiting for. The truth is I’d settle for far less; just being told I’m special and that he wants to be with me will suffice. I’d settle for someone wanting to spend the day with me.

I remember holding on to the smallest of hope that regardless of what he said, he did love me and was waiting until Valentine’s Day to reveal those feelings to me. It never happened. I knew it wouldn’t, but deep down, deep down I still dreamt.

I’m still dreaming; hoping that one Valentine’s Day I will be kissed. Hoping a Valentine’s Day will come and I won’t be alone.

No comments: