Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Friday, December 24, 2010
A part of me feels like I'm supposed to be at work today, but thankfully we got today off. Of course, I woke up with my head pounding and a runny nose, but after popping 3 excedrin and blowing my nose, those symptoms are dissipating. Now I'm sitting on the couch eating yummy ginger cookies a co-worker made while playing bejeweled on facebook and watching tv. Laziness has takes root. Thank goodness I wrapped all my gifts last night.

Well, not all of them. I still have to get something for my brother's girlfriend, but she was supposed to go home yesterday for Christmas, so I have more time. I say supposed to because I got a text message from her this morning asking if I bought a case for the kindle I got for my sister because my brother wanted to get a case for it if I didn't. So, again, I say supposed to because my brother didn't text me himself, and he was supposed to be home yesterday since she was leaving and he's been at her apartment while she's been here, so if she left, he was supposed to come home. Crap, I hope she left, that way I still have time to get her something.

Oh man, I still have to get my cousin's girlfriend's gift too. She got me the Despicable Me Minion Madness double dvd's and I have no idea what to get her.

Christmas came up way too fast. They year just flew by. Time got away from me. I haven't even done my Christmas cards. I just don't know where it all went.

I had thought of writing a year in review letter to go along with the Christmas card, but all I could think of to write was, "Young Variety. 'Nuff said."

I think that pretty much sums up my year, no? Everything I did had to do with Young Variety or Variety itself. If we're friends on facebook, you saw that in all my fb status messages. Even on twitter.

And now the year has come to an end, but I don't really get a break. I have to start getting the January board meeting together and our big event of the year, the pool tournament, is coming up quickly and I need to get volunteers and photographers for it. So my last official event may have been the luncheon on the 16th, but there is still no end, no break.


Sunday, December 26, 2010
Christmas has come and gone. Friday night was spent at my uncle's house with the family. Damn! there are a lot of us! Too many. It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to give open all the presents. It was less time than the last time we were all together for Christmas Eve in 2007, but it still felt like it took forever. And not all the little ones made it. I really think we need to start opening gifts earlier.

I came away with a handbag (one of my aunts just won't let it go and stop giving me handbags), an evening purse, a Starbucks gift card, a tunic with scarf, a sweater and a Hershey's pot to make hot chocolate. From my immediate family I got a new tv that's currently hooked up in the living room, a closet cube organizer, and 2 pillow pets (a ladybug and panda!). Dude, I can't deny it, I was so excited when I opened the pillow pets. :D

Technically, I also got the Despicable Me Minion Madness Double dvd from my cousin's girlfriend (as mentioned above) and another handbag from another friend. Though, is it still considered a Christmas present if while shopping, you hold two handbags up to your friend and ask, "which one are you buying me for Christmas?" ;-D

Overall, a good time was spent with the family on Christmas Eve. I spent most of the time playing with the little ones or my uncle's tiny pups. Apparently, attention was paid on Friday to the fact that I'm always playing with the little ones or dogs, so I'm either going to have kids or pets when I "grow up." Not sure how my family didn't realize this earlier.

Here's a little video of my niece dancing when they put music on. She's too cute. She'll be 1 in January, but she's already so big and has such a great personality.





Christmas Day was spent at home not doing much. I spent the better part of the day and evening online playing games on facebook and watching tv in mom's room since everyone else (mom, sister and brother) were watching basketball and football in the living room on my brand new tv.

Why is my new tv in the living room, you ask? Well, we had a really old tv in the living room. It still works great, but it's so old that even though we have dvr through direct tv, i can only record one show at a time and I can't change the channel while it's recording. So my new tv is in the living room for now until a new tv is bought when the living room is remodeled. (Our kitchen is currently being remodeled and we're working our way through the house.) My sister spent all day trying to hook up the tv and receiver to record multiple shows at the same time, but we couldn't get it to work. She's going to try again tomorrow. She gave up and just watched sports instead.

And now that it's 2am and everyone else is asleep, I figured I'd finish writing this post. And now I'm sleepy, so I'm going to take my pillow pets and Dorsey and go to bed. He's been sleeping with me these last few days. I'm a little worried, he seems sad. But it's nice to have him to cuddle with.

I'll end this post by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and hope it was filled with love and laughter.

No comments: