Thursday, August 11, 2016

3rd PT Session

I was worried about training last night because my legs were still sore. In the morning, I had mentioned to F that it really hurt to walk down the stairs and he said to focus on the steps and push through the pain; that's what he does when he's sore. So I did and the stairs were more manageable. In fact, I noticed, that as I walked around more, my legs hurt less. They were the worst each time I got up from sitting at my desk.

Still, I was worried, I mean, it was difficult just to sit down on the toilet seat (it's too low in my office).

Of course, yesterday is the day my boss decides to ask me to pull some information for him that I've never had to do and am not completely sure how to do so it took me awhile and I ended up leaving slightly later than I intended. At my second session, the trainer said I should do at least 10 mins on a bike or elliptical before our training session as a warm-up, so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to change and get in at least 10 mins.

I ended up doing 6 mins and the good thing was that as soon as I started pedaling, my legs felt fine. No soreness or pain. :)

For my workout this time, he had me different exercises and I used 2 new machines. The lunges did hurt, though, but I just pushed through the pain; like F suggested. When our time was up, I mentioned that the master trainer said he would tell me what I should do for my next workout since I'm on my own on Friday. I mentioned my legs and he said that if they still hurt on Friday, then not to do many of the leg exercises and focus more on the chest.

But like I said, my legs were fine as we worked out and didn't hurt much. Heck, I practically ran down the stairs to continue my workout on a bike. Yup, that's how good my legs felt. I did another 14 mins (2 1/2 miles) on a bike before going home. I would like to try the elliptical, but as my friend keeps reminding me...baby steps.

After sitting 40 mins on the train, another 20 mins on another train, and 15 mins on the bus, my legs were back to being sore. Inactivity is a killer. :(

They're not so bad today. While I'm not running down the stairs today, I can walk down normally. Uni cancelled on me for Zumba, but I'm still going to go by myself. I'm going to try to make it to the 8pm class at the gym closer to home, instead of the 7pm class by work.

F doesn't want me to overdo it, so he just said to be careful. We'll see how tonight goes and let's hope I can remember all the exercises to do on my own on Friday.

No comments: