I'm only on my 3rd week of working out and I can already see a difference, slight changes.
At the gym by my house, they have a scale in the women's locker room so after Zumba last Thursday, out of curiosity I hopped on. I was a bit disappointed because I weighed the same as my last doctor's appointment at the end of June. I thought for sure it had gone down. I know the master trainer at the gym said my weight may go up as I build muscle, but still.
Regardless of the number on the scale, I do feel different.
And maybe look a little different.
Last night as I was changing into my workout clothes for Zumba, the section of lockers I was using has a long mirror in front of them and when I stood up dressed, I caught a glimpse of myself and did a double-take. When I started my new job 5 months ago, I looked pregnant. My belly protruded past my boobs. I've always tried to make sure my boobs protrude farther out that my tummy, but 5 months ago that was not the case. I've also always had a front butt and most of the time, it protruded out more than my tummy. And even when my tummy hasn't protruded out more than my boobs, there have still been the side rolls. I'm very oddly shaped.
Even before I started working out, due to the change in my diet, I no longer looked pregnant, so I was happy about that. Let me tell you, even though F knew I was on birth control and had been for the last year, he was beginning to worry, so it's good that my tummy went down without a crying child being produced. LOL.
But last night I did a double take because my tummy and front butt are evening out and I looked flatter than I ever have. I still have my front butt and tummy rolls, but there's a difference.
I just went to the bathroom and I'm wearing Spanx so I had to take my dress off and I was looking at myself in the mirror and maybe it's not so much that I'm evening out, but my front butt looks like it's going down. Heck, I'll take that. My front butt has always bothered me because I have to buy larger pants and jeans because of it and then my legs are swimming in them. Like I said, I'm oddly shaped.
The difference isn't just physical. I still get winded easily and am panting through my workouts and Zumba, but I'm making progress on my breathing and there's a point in my workouts when my lungs seem to open up. I get this sudden rush and feeling of being able to breathe easier.
So even though I'm new to this whole working out, progress is being made. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In addition to the above, the most important visible difference (visible to me, at least), is the effect daily exercise has had on my blood glucose levels. They've been on the lower end of the average range, so double YAY!! :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment