Friday, August 26, 2016

Another Sub

We had another substitute for Zumba last night. Her movements were very exaggerated and boy was she HARD!! No one could really follow along with her arm movements, so we just did what we thought or like me, sometimes I didn't do the arm movements. I have a hard time doing arm movements and the footwork to begin with so sometimes I have to forego the arm movements.

Man, she was really HARD.

She had us doing squats for an entire song...right at the beginning. I thought I was going to die!! My thighs were burning!

Some steps I could follow along, but since her movements were so exaggerated, I couldn't always tell what I was supposed to do. There's this girl that I've only seen at the Thursday class, that is always at the front of the class (I stay in the back). I like watching her because she moves so effortlessly. She's tall and has a large frame (not big) that's well proportioned and toned. She usually knows all the steps so if I get lost, I watch her to see what I'm supposed to do. The sub was also very petite so I couldn't always see her footwork and I'd look to the girl. Last night, there were times when even she couldn't follow along!

I kept muttering, "she's so hard" under my breath every time a song ended. And each song just felt so long!

My t-shirt was completely drenched in sweat, even more so than usual, and my body ached when class was over. Class went over and I missed the bus home so I took longer to change. I just sat on a bench in the locker room trying to cool down.

Before I left, out of curiosity again, I jumped on the scale. I set it to my weight from last week and it was too heavy. :) According to the scale, I lost 5 pounds - woo-hoo!!

I know I shouldn't get too excited. The scale may be off or something, but I'm still pretty happy about it. :)  It would be great if I could lose another 15 pounds before my next doctor's appointment at the end of September, that way, my doctor will see that I am following her instructions and making significant strides.

No comments: