Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Workouts

On Friday I was supposed to have my session with the master trainer, but he had an emergency so he paired me up with the trainer from the week before that was a bit condescending.

I had a good workout with him, but there's still something about him. He's definitely tough, but I don't know, he makes me feel like I'm wasting his time. Like because I'm not fit, he doesn't really want to work with me. But it's like, isn't that the entire point??? What's the point of working with someone that's already fit?!?!

Even though my session with him was all legs, I still tried the elliptical afterwards and I was able to double my time again. If you remember, the first time I could only do 2 minutes, then I went up to 4 minutes and on Friday I got all the way up to 8 minutes. WOO!! I pushed through to 8 minutes mostly because I discovered that if I hold onto the handle right in front that don't move, I don't get tired quickly. Using the other handles that move as I move my legs really burns me out. Like Zumba, I can't do both legs and arms. At least not yet.

I was really happy I got to 8 minutes, especially since my session before was all legs and I was having a little trouble towards the end. I finished up my 30 minutes of cardio with 22 minutes on the treadmill. I did my walk on the level 5 incline and increased the speed a little. I had been on 1.7, but got to 2.0 on Friday. I also worked on my form and did not hold on to the rails and only gripped the handles when I wanted to check my heart rate. I was surprised how easily I was able to do my walk without holding on considering I was afraid I was going to slide backwards and fall.

The good thing about my workouts on Friday is that machines are readily available without any wait time; the gym is practically empty!

Yesterday (Monday), I worked with the trainer from my first session. We did more this time, but I still sort of felt like she went easy on me. We mostly worked on shoulders so that was a little harder on me.

After my session I went downstairs and ended up on the treadmill because all the elliptical machines were taken. I did 30 minutes, gradually increasing the incline and speed. I started at incline level 5 and got to 6.5 (it didn't occur to me to increase incline until later in my walk). I think I got past 2.0 in speed, but can't remember how high I went. However, by the time I came back down to 1.7 and incline level 5, it felt like I wasn't even moving, so that's good in terms of being able to handle higher speeds and inclines. 

I'm on my own for my next 3 workout sessions as I won't be back to my regular trainer until the Wednesday after Labor Day, but now I know lots of difference machines and exercises I can do. Plus, continue to try and double my time on the elliptical.

Tonight is Zumba, so I'm looking forward to that. I didn't get to a Zumba class this past weekend. Maybe this coming weekend...maybe. I just wish they weren't so early.

No comments: