Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Last Week

On Tuesday, I had a podiatry appointment (diabetic, remember?) so I left work early. My appointment was at 4:30 and I arrived about 15 minutes early and I guess I was the last appointment so I went in right away and was actually done at 4:30. The podiatrist since my feet are strong and circulation is good, but I do have the beginnings of nerve damage so he put me on 2 more vitamins and reiterated that I need to get my blood glucose under control.

Since I was done so early, I got to the gym for Zumba hella early. I thought about taking a different class, but ended up jumping on the elliptical instead. I was able to increase my time to 20 minutes. WOO-HOO!!

I finished up on the elliptical 20 minutes before Zumba class, but boy was I tired when it came time for class. To make things worse, the AC was broken in the studio so it felt like a sauna, especially since another class had just let out. Our instructor tried to take it easy, but it was still miserable. So after doing 20 minutes on the elliptical, I didn't think I was going to make it through Zumba. When class ended, I was so tired.

Wednesday was my birthday and I had every intention of going to the gym for my workout. I was going to have a quiet birthday consisting of the gym and then detouring into DTLA to one of my favorite restaurants for a yummy birthday dessert. I was really looking forward to it.

Uni & Ro had flowers delivered to my office for my birthday. It was so very sweet and if that wasn't enough, they asked to take me to dinner. I got the go-ahead from F for dinner, so I agreed. Still intending to go to the gym beforehand. Uni mentioned needing to know because tickets had to be bought in advance, but I misread thinking a reservation needed to be made, but then thought maybe it was a dinner show or something when I re-read the ticket part. Well, my boss has a big meeting this week and I've been working on an annual report for said meeting and Wednesday was the only day we had time to go over it and figure out what was missing to wrap it up. I had hoped to leave the office at 5pm to get my workout in, but it was looking like it'd be closer to 6pm. Uni wouldn't tell me where we were going, except that we needed to be there by 8pm and it was going to take about 45 minutes to get there. We'd have to leave by 7pm and if I wasn't leaving the office until 6pm, it meant I wouldn't have enough time for my workout. Bummer.

Uni and Ro ended up surprising me with tickets to see "Newsies" at the Pantages Theatre. I've never been a fan of the movie, but am really grateful to Uni & Ro for wanting to make my birthday special. If you know me, then you know I'm not very keen on celebrating my birthday, so I really appreciate Uni & Ro thinking of me.

If you know LA, then you know traffic from the Westside to Hollywood is horrible. Uni and Ro just aren't used to that drive, so they didn't realize just how long it was going to take or how much traffic there would be. We made it just in time for the show, so no time for dinner. The show ended around 10:30pm and it was already past my bedtime so no time for dinner or anything.

Not going to the gym on Wednesday and getting home so late ended up throwing me completely off on Thursday. I woke up late, didn't have time to stop at the grocery store for my breakfast items, got to work later than usual and then I was just super crazed at work. I was completely out of whack and just felt off. It goes to show that I've gotten used to a routine and not adhering to it had an adverse affect on me.

I went to Zumba Thursday night and felt better. We had another sub, though, and she was way different than the others. Her routines were more aerobic, less dance. And her arms movements were not drill team-like like the Tuesday instructor. Her routines were more of a workout. She was tough. And I was exhausted at the end of class.

I'm always exhausted after Zumba, huh? ;)

On Friday we got out of work early since it was the day before a long weekend. I had plans with Mari for dinner. I didn't tell her I was getting out early because I wanted to make sure I got my workout in. It was so nice going to the gym at 3pm; it was so empty! I got through my training and then jumped on the elliptical. I was still tired from Zumba the night before so I could only do 15 mins on the elliptical and did the remaining 15 on the treadmill. I got done with my workout just in time. Marisela ended up getting over here early so she just picked me up from the gym.

We headed to Santa Monica and had dinner, walked around the promenade and watched "Suicide Squad."

It was another late night, but thankfully I didn't have to wake up early the next day. :)

I had hoped to go to the gym on Saturday or Sunday to make up for Wednesday's missed workout, but laziness got the better of me on Saturday. I woke up, had breakfast and then ended up taking a nap. Then I woke up, had lunch and asked F if he was coming over because I wanted to go to the gym and he told me to go to the gym, but ended up taking another nap. I've noticed that the last few Saturday's unless I have something planned, I've been taking a lot of naps. 

On Sunday, F came over so I got a different kind of workout. ;)

So I didn't make up my missed workout after all. :(  I don't know why I can't get myself to the gym over the weekend. I want to, but laziness wins out. :(

Yesterday was a holiday, so no work. I was not going to miss another workout, so I went to the gym by my house (where I go for Zumba) and did my workout. Doing my training there I realized I don't like that gym. It's perfectly fine for Zumba and maybe even swimming (though I haven't yet); and even working on the elliptical, but the machines are different and I had a harder time figuring out which ones I knew how to use. Plus, they're not well maintained. I ended up working more on my chest than legs, which was fine because I was going to try to get to 30 mins on the elliptical. I finished up my training and went upstairs to the elliptical. I got to 20 mins and I wasn't sure I'd make it to the 30, so I just kept telling myself to get to 25. At 24 1/2, Beyonce's "Formation" came on my iPod and it gave me the boost I needed. I picked up speed and got to the 30 mins. WOO-HOO!!

I weighed myself after my workout, out of curiosity again, and I just don't think I'm doing that right. I wish it was just a digital scale because yesterday it said I was down 15 pounds from my last doctor's appointment. (Remember, last week it said I was down 5 pounds, so an extra 10 pounds seems hard to believe in a week's time.)

I have Zumba tonight and on Wednesday I'm back with my trainer.

No comments: