The only hiccup with my new workout routine is the time I eat dinner.
F told me I shouldn't eat before my workouts and to wait until after. When I have my sessions with the trainer (or on my own) over here by work, it's not a huge problem because I don't really get out late. A few times I've been able to stop by Trader Joe's on my way to the gym and grab a salad. I end up eating it on the train home. More often than not, though, I don't stop and when I get out of the gym, it's a direct line to the train station and it feels friggin' far to walk back to Trader Joe's. Plus, even though I don't get out Zumba late, it still is later and even 20 extra minutes to catch the train could mean waiting an eternity for my last bus home from the blue line. So then I'm not eating dinner until 9pm or so.
And on Zumba days, well....last night I didn't get home until 10pm and I wasn't done with dinner until almost 10:30, which then meant I had to force myself to stay awake until 11:30pm because I need to check my blood glucose an hour after I eat. Which is also hard to do on my workout days if I eat on the train going home because I'm still on my way home an hour later.
So really, that's the main problem. I need to eat dinner at a reasonable time so I can 1) take my evening meds and 2) check my blood glucose.
I know I'll figure it out eventually. I just need to get on a schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment