Monday, August 8, 2016

Truth Comes Out

I would really like to go to sleep now but I need to wait another 30 minutes so I can check my blood. And there it is...the reason why my doctor wants me to lose weight. Yes, I'm diabetic. I have to check my blood glucose twice a day. No more soda, no more chocolate, no more cuppycakes. I have to watch my carbs because carbs really send your blood glucose into overdrive.

I'm on two diabetes meds, one for cholestoral, another for my liver (as a safeguard from the diabetes meds), baby aspirin, Calcium because I'm on the depo provera shot, and a weekly dose of Vitamin D because somehow my Vitamin D levels came back low (I guess I'm spending too much time indoors now.).

I've cut so much out of my diet and added so many greens. I can't eat that much red meat so I treat myself with a double cheeseburger one day a week. Of course, no fries, so I eat it with steamed broccoli & cauliflower; it's not so bad. My meals are pretty boring now. I really need to research fun and easy recipes because I'm getting sick of chicken and salad.

I have to make sure I eat 3 meals a day, including breakfast, because if I don't, my system goes all wonky. I'm always hungry. It's a never-ending pang. I can finish lunch and I will still have an empty feeling in my stomach. I'm starting to feel like it's never going to go away. I had to go to a nutritionist and she recommended certain snacks for in between meals, but I always tend to eat more than the recommended serving and still, the hunger does not go away. Does it ever....?

No comments: