Monday, August 8, 2016

2nd PT Session

Clearly my trainer on Friday went easy on me. I liked my trainer today because he put me to work. On Friday, the back of the neckline on my t-shirt had some sweat on it, but today, the front and back was drenched and even my shorts had sweat marks on them. Not only did he work me out during our 30 minute session, but without me bringing it up, he asked if I was told to continue my workout after each session. I told him no and that I was actually going to ask about that today. So he told me to do time on a bike, elliptical or treadmill after we're done training; that it's the most effective time. He told me to start out slowly, say do 10 minutes and then work up to 15 and then 20 and so forth.

Today, we started out with five exercises using a different weights. I did 15 reps of each exercise in 3 sets. By the time I was doing the last set of Step Knee Ups, my legs were wobbly. And then he had me do a set of 3 other exercises.

When our session was done, I went downstairs and ended up choosing a bike. Mostly because that side was fairly empty and I thought I could handle 10 minutes on a bike versus an elliptical (mostly because I haven't used an elliptical) and walking on a treadmill, even on an incline as he suggested, seemed boring. (*I reserve the right to change my mind. Hey, this is about pushing myself, right??) I ended up doing almost 15 minutes for 2 miles on the bike. The only reason I stopped is because the seat was getting uncomfortable. It was a good thing I stopped anyway, as my legs were wobbly the second I got off the bike.

I sat in the locker room for a bit, trying to cool down and stop sweating so I wouldn't drench my blouse in sweat. Total failure, but hey, at least it was a light colored shirt so you couldn't tell all that much. :)

I'm totally going to sleep well tonight.

Tomorrow is a rest day, mostly because I have an event. I have another session with this same trainer on Wednesday, on Thursday Uni and I are trying out a Zumba class (which if goes well, I'll be adding to my schedule for Tues & Thurs), and then on Friday I'll do a workout session on my own.

For the weekend, I may try swimming, Zumba or a Yoga class. I used to be so flexible so it would be nice to work on improving it.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed after my session on Friday. I thought, "this is what I'm paying for??" But after today I'm quite happy with my decision. I just worry that I may become annoying. I feel like I need a lot of direction. I don't know what I'm doing and just really need them to tell me what to do, especially for the days I'm working out on my own.

No comments: