Last week I went in for blood work and today was my 3-month follow-up with my doctor. She was really happy with my progress. Like REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY. :)
My test results all came back great. My AC1C level especially came back low.
I had been a little worried because these last 2 weeks, since I've had this cold, my daily blood glucose readings have been higher than usual and I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating any differently than the previous weeks and I was still doing my workouts. They weren't incredibly high, though, so I waited to ask my doctor about it today. She said that illness and stress can raise my blood glucose and since I've had a cold these 2 weeks (plus these 2 weeks have also been emotionally stressful with the bf), that's probably why the readings have been higher. Since the blood test looks at the last 3 months, my current cold and stress were not of immediate concern. She did ask me specific questions about my symptoms though, in case they were side effects of one of my meds, which would then me problematic, but I didn't have those symptoms; it's just a cold working its way through my system.
She was also happy to learn I have a trainer. Since my May 27th visit, I have lost 24 lbs. You can't really tell, though. Well, I can. But as the master trainer said during my initial evaluation, I am deceptively fatter than I look. Which to me, supports my contention that I am indeed big-boned. ;)
So all in all, I'm doing really good keeping my diabetes under control and just need to continue what I'm doing. :)
My doctor just cautioned me to not let my trainer push me too hard than I end up injuring myself. She said that happened to her and she ended up going to physical therapy for the injury she sustained with her trainer.
And I just need this cold to go away so my blood glucose levels can return to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment