I've been bad. I admit it.
Seeing the positive effect regular exercise has had on my blood glucose has given me permission to eat certain foods I shouldn't be eating. It started innocently enough. They say you can't fully deprive yourself of something otherwise you end up bingeing and it's just worse.
Monday's are my early days at work and since I get here so early, the coffee is not made yet so I stop at the 7-Eleven for my morning coffee. I usually end up getting a second cup once the coffee is made at the office, so I started getting a pack of 2 cookies from 7-Eleven to eat with my 2nd cup. It quickly went from a Monday treat to an everyday thing. I'd drop by the 7-Eleven just to get the cookies. And then last week, I even got a container of cookies from Lucky and split them up into baggies to bring with me to work.
I wasn't getting Oreo's or those type of cookies, but soft baked cookies. I told myself they were healthier than getting the processed cookies.
But considering I was eating them everyday, not really.
Yes, I'm exercising regularly and it's having a positive effect, but I still have to watch what I eat. A treat every now and then is OK; special occasions.
Yesterday my trainer changed up my workout. I was all like, "what did I do? why are you mad at me???" LOL. He said I've been going long enough that it's time to switch things up; add more weight and stuff. And I was like, "but it's only been a month!" We clearly see things differently. He said he can see the improvement; he mentioned that I can go lower on my squats than when I started. I told him I didn't see it.
I think I don't see it because of those damn cookies! So today, I didn't get the cookies.
After my session, I was on the elliptical. (I had done 10 mins on it before my session and I actually did it at a faster clip.) I was going fairly slow after my session and was just focusing on getting it done. As I was on it, an older woman, maybe in her mid to late 60s, came up to me and told me that when she started working out 20 years ago, she weighed 260 lbs. She kept at it and five years later, she had lost 110 lbs. She told me I was doing great and not to give up.
NO MORE COOKIES.
No comments:
Post a Comment