I missed Zumba last Tuesday because of road construction and then yesterday I missed because I woke up with a cold and just wanted to go home, even though everything I read online said Zumba would help.
Like I mentioned in my last post, my trainer has stepped up my workouts and last Wednesday was leg day. I felt leg day through Friday. It's amazing how the simplest of exercises can have such a big impact. I seriously did not think I was going to get through 30 minutes on the elliptical after that workout. I thought I was going to have to quit after 15 or 20 mins; actually, I was hoping all the ellipticals would be taken and I could just do the treadmill, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, there was a free machine. darn! But guess what? I breezed through the 30 minutes! My legs felt light and limber and I didn't have to power through to get through the 30 minutes.
I guess all the endorphins wore off as I was going home because I surely felt it that night and the next day. I was sore. I hadn't been really sore since my first real workout a month ago. And then Zumba on Thursday just made it worse.
So, originally I had planned to go to Kickbox Cardio on Thursday to try it out, but Uni texted me saying it looked like she could make Zumba that night. After trying for weeks to get her to go, I couldn't just come out and say, "no, I'm going to Kickbox Cardio." But I did tell her to confirm by 5pm otherwise I was going to Kickbox Cardio. She confirmed.
I got to the gym closer to her place just after 6pm (class started at 7pm) and after changing, I just waited. And waited. I was going to be so mad if she stood me up. I guess she's not used to driving home from work that early (early to her) on Thursday so she didn't realize how much traffic there would be. She usually boasts about how quickly she gets home. So I get a text about the traffic and that she's going to cut it close. The instructor was late, so Uni made it right on time.
This instructor was different, not so much in style, but how she taught the class. She had different songs and routines so again, hard time following along. And the room has these posts in the middle, so it made it hard to see her. I kept looking at the girl in front of me to figure out the steps. As always, just keep moving. I was still feeling the effects of leg day so I was exhausted and drenched in sweat when class was over. I don't know how I got through it.
On Friday, I was on my own for my workout and got through my 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'd been working on using the moving handles more and on Friday, I did the entire 30 minutes holding onto the moving handles and I didn't stop once. Hooray!
Again, I hoped to go to the Body Works Plus Abs class on Saturday, but it was a rough, emotionally taxing weekend and I didn't get any workouts in. I really need to though, because my Monday workouts are always the hardest after 2 days of limited physical activity so I'm going to try to get a workout in this weekend.
Since my trainer is stepping up my workouts, I am sore more often now. I guess that's good, right? :/
I have training tonight and tomorrow I will try the Kickbox Cardio class.
No comments:
Post a Comment