
My cousin, mother of my Goddaughter, gave birth to my 5th niece on Sunday, January 3rd at 7:14am. She was in labor all day Saturday, but didn’t go to the hospital until 5am Sunday. After spending over 40 hours in a hospital bed in labor with my Goddaughter, she wanted to delay her hospital stay as much as possible with her third baby, thus, she didn’t go until she couldn’t take the pain anymore. She text me Saturday night to let me know the baby was likely to arrive on Sunday, but didn’t think she’d actually give birth so early in the morning.
I spent Sunday afternoon at the hospital, holding little Ruby and taking so many photos. I have photos of all my nieces at the hospital, save one, and that’s only because my cousin didn’t tell me she gave birth until she was already home from the hospital.

Even though she’s my 5th niece, I was still nervous carrying her. Have to make sure to hold her head up, position her nicely on top of my arm; good thing I have nice, big boobs because they really come in handy to keep a baby nice and snug.
On Saturday, I went over to visit. I like that once my cousin was done breastfeeding Ruby, she just got up and plopped her in my arms. :) Ruby was sound asleep in my arms and I had a baby blanket draped over my shoulder covering her, keeping her nice and warm when my Godmother looked over at me and smiled. Then she said, “Look how good she looks holding the baby.” I told her not to start and how mom was already on me about grandchildren.
At my cousin’s house, I sat on the bed holding her and then I lay down next to her. I just wanted to stay there with her all day.
We’ve even started talking about her baptism this summer. I don’t know who her Godparents are going to me, it’s unlikely I’ll be her Godmother, but my cousin is still my cousin and comadre, so I’m going to help as much as I can, especially since it’s also my Goddaughter’s 5th birthday this year and that means a big party, so that’s two big parties they’re putting on this summer, so they need all the help they can get.
No comments:
Post a Comment