I had a different trainer on Friday and I'm not sure how I feel about him.
On the one hand, we went through other machines and he gave me other exercises to do on my own at home.
But on the other hand, he was a bit condescending.
I haven't been working out very long. Just completed 2 full weeks in 20+ years. That's a big deal. At least it is to me. And I don't appreciate being told that working on the bike is nothing because you just sit there and don't have to focus. Excuse me! I know I should do the elliptical, but I'm working my way up to it. It has taken a lot of focus and pushing myself to get to 20 minutes on the bike after my workout sessions, so I definitely don't appreciate you belittling my effort. My effort of TWO WEEKS!!!
You want me to buy a jump rope and do 30 minutes every day, I will do it!
You want me to do leg lifts (or whatever they're called) every day, I will do it!!
Yes, I know my core is weak. I'm fuckin' FAT!! Of course it's going to be weak when I haven't done any kind of exercise in 20+ years. That's why I'm at the gym now! That's why I'm paying extra for a trainer! So I can friggin' work on all this!!
I tried the elliptical after my session and was only able to do 2 minutes, so I finished my 20 minutes of cardio with 18 on the bike. I'll just keep working on it and try to grow the amount of time I can do on the elliptical.
I didn't end up going to Zumba over the weekend, not because I was de-motivated by my Friday trainer, but because F didn't get back to me in time as to whether or not we were doing something on Saturday, so I ended up sleeping in. I needed it, though, since I didn't get a lot of sleep last week.
It's a new week. Today I have a session with my regular trainer and on Friday I have one with the master trainer, plus the one on my own; and I put the two Zumba classes on my calendar. I have to get a jump rope and figure out where/when I can get those 30 minutes a day in.
No comments:
Post a Comment